- No features
- Vented Windows
- Backup Camera
- Cruise Control
I purchased the Promaster new from a dealership in December 2020 and started the conversion in the spring. Front wheel drive was a must have for winter travel. It handles really well in snow, rain, and mud.
The design is intentionally minimalist, building out just what was needed for all season adventure and comfort. There is plenty of space for a bike, kayak, skies, camping, and backpacking gear. The bike mounts underneath the bed. The bed can slide forward and back on rails which will also make hauling gear easier. The bed can be removed to accommodate large items in a move.
The lithium ion house battery charges from the van starter battery and is fully controlled by the Sterling charge controller. Depending on your needs, you may want to add solar charging. During winter travel in the Northwest I was really happy to have a fully charged battery. Also, the Propex heater made the winter trips possible. The thermostat is operable from the bed and the heat enters right in the middle of the living area.
Custom conversion with the following features and equipment:
- slider windows from Motion Windows in Vancouver,Wa.
- Max fan Deluxe 5100
- Propex HS2000 propane heater with digital thermostat
- Dometic LP cooktop 57105–> Atwood black Dv20-b 2 burner drop in.
- Minicell foam insulation for van floors. 5/8 OSB subfloor with the original cargo mat on top.
- Roof and walls have sound deadening and are insulated with 3-4 inches of Havelock wool.
- Battle Born 100Ah 12V LiFePo4 deep cycle battery.
- Sterling DC battery to battery Charger. 24V-12V 35A
- Blue Sea Systems bus bars and fuse blocks
- 2 lighting circuits; one can be switched from slider door entry.
- propane locker is sealed with drip leg vent thru floor.
- counter area allows for a DC refrigerator . Does not come with refrigerator.
- Insulated partition wall with pass-thru to cab.
Other extras include:
- Victron battery monitor BMV-712 smart
- Weather tech front floor liner
- Power cord portal, hatch cover white
- Cruise Control
- Victron A/C to D/C charger
- Homemade insulated window covers
The Promaster has been a pleasure to drive. There have been no mechanical problems. I have all paperwork from regular scheduled oil changes at various Ram service centers. Tires have been rotated and are in great shape.
I look forward to passing my van on to someone who will make it their own adventure van. With the equipment already present you can easily “add on” or tweak the design.
Please contact me with any questions, need for more information, or more pictures.
Professionally CRAFTED Campervan!
Custom Build in a Promaster, Transit or Sprinter – January/Februa...
Battle Creek, Michigan
The Cutest Built Out Van ($40,000)
2014 Ram Promaster 2WD
2019 Ram Promaster 2WD
Los Angeles, California
2014 Ram Promaster 2WD – Off Grid Adventures Await- Full Build
Ram Camper Van
2017 Ram Promaster 2WD. Very good condition, full build-out