- No features
- Pure Sine
- 2000 watts
- 600 watts
- Aftermarket Wheels / Tires
- Roof Rack
- Blind Spot Assist
- Cruise Control
- Backup Camera
- Upgraded Stereo
I acquired this 2021 Ram Promaster 1500 brand new in May 2021, I immediately began collaborating extensively with Bay Area builders on the design. Elaborating on the myriad features and nuances of this van would be an exhaustive endeavor, but I am more than willing to offer a comprehensive tour, showcasing its transformation from a standard vehicle to a project that fills me with immense pride.
Purposefully designed to be compact, stealthy, and conducive to comfortable travel and work for two individuals, with creative possibilities for accommodating a third, this van reflects my meticulous planning.
The primary objective behind this project was to create a versatile vehicle for traveling to trailheads for cycling, climbing, and hiking. Notably, the van features a dedicated gear drawer for the inconspicuous storage of two bikes or storage bins, addressing the essential need for discreet storage during occasional stealth camping.
Facilitating outdoor adventures with friends or group excursions to trailheads, the rear passenger door incorporates a ladder and additional outdoor bike storage.
In addition to the specialized gear storage solutions, the driver’s side garage boasts two cabinets and three cubbies, providing ample space to conceal various equipment. The passenger side wheel well box further augments storage, catering to longer items.
The galley showcases a spacious butcher block countertop for food preparation, complemented by a deep stainless sink with drainage into a small grey water tank. An emergency overflow system directs excess water below the van. The sink includes a removable bamboo cutting board. The van is equipped with two 7-gallon water containers, conveniently stored beneath the sink and secured with a strap. The water system operates through a 3.3gpm water pump with an inline strainer and accumulator to optimize efficiency. Additional storage is available under the sink.
A sizable latch-shut drawer provides versatile storage, accommodating items such as cutlery, laptops, drones, and cameras. Below the drawer, the Dometic CRX1050E fridge is wired to the DC power system, offering substantial cold storage with a removable freezer compartment.
Facing the door, an additional butcher block countertop features an inset induction stove wired directly to the inverter. Adjacent to it is a storage box capable of holding camp chairs and tools, with a cushion velcroed to the top for seating (not pictured).
Throughout its entire lifespan, this Promaster has been serviced exclusively at Stewart Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, where it was originally purchased. The sale includes a comprehensive folder containing all service receipts, records, manuals, and documents accumulated over the years.
Included in the sale are two sets of dealer keys. As of the current writing, the odometer reads 38,000 miles. The tires were upgraded to Firestone 225/75R16 Destination X/T tires in September 2023, with the receipt also included. With these tires, the van achieves approximately 16-18 mpg on the highway when fully loaded.
FULL ITEMIZED FEATURE LIST
Here is a full list of features that may/may not have been included above:
- Alpine head unit ILX-407 w/ full steering wheel controls via maestro
- Aftermarket front door speakers installed
- 3m Thinsulate sound deadening insulation throughout the van adhered with 3m spray glue
- Sound deadening Noico mat also applied to doors, walls and ceiling to prevent vibrations
- Havelock Wool in open crevasse to prevent drafts and add further insulation
- ProGear 3200 RV Replacement Water Pump 12v 3.3 GPM
- SHURflo Pre-Pressurized Accumulator Tank
- Water Pump strainer
- Matte Black Pull down faucet
- Brushed Nickel Drop in Bar Sink with Bambu cutting board 14″x 18″ x 8″
- Sink P trap to prevent odors
- Gray water tank under the cabinet with overflow line cut through floor
- Passenger side wheel well box with cut out for storage
- Platform made from slats and telescoping beams/brackets typical for van builds
- Bed is “short queen” sized. 5’6” can sleep across no problem
- Walls are off white/cream installed by FOG Campers vans in Fairfax CA
- Floor is Outlast+ Marigold Oak Waterproof Laminate Wood Flooring with underlayment to prevent creaking
- 120v outlet above cabinet – outlets include USB and USB-C ports
- Induction stovetop
- Orion Stealth Roof rack made from 8020 – low profile stealth rack
- 2x 100w Renogy Panels, 2x 200w Renege Panels = 600w of solar
- 12v Fuse box
- MaxxAir Fan
- Dometic fridge
- WeBoost Drive Reach RV antenna mounted to roof on foldable Rhino Rack mount
- Drivers and Passenger seat aftermarket swivel adapters
- Lagun mount mounted to passenger side b pillar
- Additional Lagun mount attached to storage box
- Bamboo folding counter top on Lagun table top
- Aftermarket LED Headlamps (greatly improves night driving)
- Aftermarket sliding door window with sliding opening installed by FOG Campers
- Aftermarket awning window installed by FOG Campers
- Quest Overland insulated custom window coverings for all windows and MaxxAir vent keeps the heat in
- MoonShade portable awning with magnetic mounts
- Bugwall sliding door and rear door screens installed with foldable flaps
- Shuksan Vans “slide out tray” intended for bike mounts with 2x RockyMount fork mount points – mounted on drivers side rear of the van – space for 2 adult bikes
- Additional mount point for RockyMount fork mount installed on the passenger side – space for 1 adult
- Prime Design ladder on rear door
- LoloRack additional bike storage attached to Prime Design ladder
- Removable hanging storage bag above cooktop
- All custom internal woodwork done by Wildwood Camper Vans in San Francisco
- 4 separate upper cabinets all with gas struts and latches.
- Galley with drawer
- Cooktop storage containing larger item storage
- Butcherblock counter tops throughout
- Bamboo accents separating the sleeping and living area
- Small items storage located behind the drivers side bamboo partition
- Power system custom cabinet
- Victron Lynx Distributor
- Victron DC/DC Charger
- Victron solar charge controller
- Renogy 2000w inverter (newest version)
- 4x100ah LiTime mini batteries (space for 1 more if necessary)
- Wiring done by WildWood Campervans
2020 Ram Promaster 2WD 159WB – With Premium Features
Asheville, North Carolina
2019 High-Roof Ram Promaster 2500
2020 Ram Promaster 2WD
San Diego, California
2018 Ram Promaster 2WD
Reduced: One of a kind adventure ready promaster Optional Delivery
2021 Ram Promaster AWD
2021 Ram Promaster Coachmen Nova Li3
South Salt Lake, Utah
2018 Ram Promaster 2WD