Burlingame Avenue, Burlingame, CA, USA
Dodge Sprinter 2500
A neat, functional design inside of a 2007 Dodge Sprinter 2500 (high roof) that's treated us very well! It’s a completely self-sustaining, off-grid camper designed with gas efficiency in mind.
The van is ready for your adventures NOW! We absolutely love our home on wheels and hate to let it go, but it’s time for us to move onto our next adventure. We are currently located in San Francisco Bay Area but we are willing to deliver to a buyer anywhere in San Francisco Bay Area (gas on us). We can also deliver the van as long as the buyer pays for gas (capped at $500). Buyers are also welcome to come and pick the van up themselves.
White 2007 Dodge Sprinter 2500 (144" wheel base; high roof) with ~152,000 miles (still drive it occasionally). We have had no significant issues at all driving this van, even on long road trips. Well-maintained diesel vehicles like this run for several hundred thousand miles.
- Tires are two years old w/ excellent tread
- No major dents or scratches
- Thick anti-rust coating on undercarriage
- Roof clearance is ~ 10'4"
- Air conditioning system works very well -- strong out of the vents and very cold/hot
- Installed digital audio interface with bluetooth and AUX
- Passenger seat on swivel base
- Driver side button for the driver side window is loose (but still functions fine)
- No major repairs have been done or needed while we’ve owned this vehicle--haven't even ever had the check engine light come on--we’ve taken it in to certified Sprinter auto shops on two occasions for check-ups. No recalls and no major repairs needed to the engine. Engine is very strong and has a lot of life left!
- Most recent repairs had to do with a leaky rear axle seal, and a simple AC repair. All these issues have been repaired by Sprinter certified auto shops.
- Oil change every 8,000 miles by Sprinter certified auto shops.
Very comfortable build with soft colors and full electrical. Very well insulated. Water system. Flooring is composite and cleans up very easily.
Design should be fairly apparent from the photos, but below are some of the main design features:
- Beautiful stained maple butchers block table top mounted on a marine-grade adjustable pedestal so that it can be lowered onto resting blocks and form a flat surface flush with the bench tops (convertible dinette)
- Custom-made grey cushions that exactly fit the dimensions of the space whether in dinette mode or sleep mode
- Benches both have storage space underneath, though one is mostly full of electrical components. In one bench we are able to fit all of our backpacking gear, weights for working out, and miscellaneous items such as whiskey bottles, toilet paper, our shower bag, and the portable heaters. The bench with the electric components has a small cube storage inside where we put our tools like our power drill and tool box.
- Immediately behind drivers seat is a large piece of furniture that has been custom-fit for the curves of the van -- can store a large volume of clothes or other small items
- Inside the hanging closet are two stackable box storage (smaller version of the storage found in the kitchen) for smaller items like socks, shampoo, and other toiletries. If you need more storage for hanging clothes, these stackable boxes can be removed
- There are hooks for hanging clothes and other items by the side sliding door and on the inside part of the back door (When back doors are opened, hooks on the backdoor can be used to hang a shower bag. We have a 5 gallon shower bag that can be included in the sale)
- Kitchen area has a dark-stained butchers block countertop with an 110V wall outlet embedded in the backsplash. A sink sits in the middle of the countertop
- Underneath the sink are two 7-gallon Reliance Jumbo-Tainers -- one for clean water and one for gray water -- and the foot-pump (Whale Gusher Galley Pump). With gas mileage in mind, we chose two 7-gallon containers to keep the van lightweight; water really does weigh down the van. We opted for a foot pump because we thought it would be more fail-proof and efficient (because it doesn’t need power and wiring) than an electric pump. The Whale Gusher Galley Pump, pumps water at 4 gallons per minute. Other (less expensive) foot pumps only pump 2 gallons per minute. At 4 gallons per minute you get decent pressure and lots of water per pump effortlessly
- The 7 gallon containers are secured with tie down straps and anchor points
- By the side sliding door of the van, there are three stackable storage. The middle storage has 2 drawers. The top and bottom storage are the same - storage boxes that have retractable doors that close downward. Because the doors close downwards you don’t have to worry about things opening and spilling while driving. The drawers are nice and snug, so they don’t open as well. We keep our pots and pans in the top storage, ziplock bags and kitchen towels in the first drawer and utensils in the second drawer, and lastly we keep our butane and stove in the bottom storage (butane stove can be included in sale)
- Directly behind the passenger seat, is the van’s 26-Quart 12v refrigerator (Ausranvik) with a protective cover to help the fridge retain its internal temperature more efficiently (fridge included in sale)
- Kitchen has a spice rack and paper towel holder
More storage inside the van:
- Wire FastTrack system up near the ceiling provide out-of-the-way storage space without the additional weight of wood cabinetry; other storage options available to fit onto the installed track at www.rubbermaid.com
- High-capacity, safe electrical system designed with help from a Stanford mechanical engineering PhD! We only run a few appliances off my system; there is excess capacity on both the batteries and fuse box to add more. Breakers and fuses are installed in all the necessary places to ensure a safe system
- Two 100-watt Renogy flexible solar panels
- 140A smart isolator (charges the batteries while you drive)
- 2x Vmax Deep Cycle 155Ah solar batteries
- Renogy 40A Rover MPPT charge controller
- 6x LED puck lights (with dimmer installed in the wall)
- 2x Kicker speakers w/ 2-way amp (entirely separate from vehicle's audio system; we have video of us playing music from this sound system if you want to hear it)
- 1000W sine wave inverter (converts 12V power from the batteries to 110V power for use in the wall outlet)
- Maxxfan Deluxe (multi-speed, reversible direction; installed in ceiling).
Depending on the temperature we have 3 ways to heat up the van. When it’s really cold and we need to warm up fast, we use Mr. Heater propane portable heater. If it’s chilly we use our electric 350-watt portable space heater (Handy Heater), plugged directly to the van’s wall outlet. If we want sustained heating we use our diesel-powered D2 Airtronic heater from Eberspacher. This diesel-powered heater is located underneath the passenger seat; the heater directly takes diesel from the gas tank of the van through hoses installed underneath the van. Both portable heaters can be included in sale.
- Wall cavities are stuffed with garbage bags full of eco-friendly insulation (non fiber glass), and then smaller cavities were filled with dozens of cans of Great Stuff (an expanding foam product)
- Rigid foam insulation and Reflectix on back doors, roof, and walls
***SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY***
The van is registered in South Dakota. Upon sale we have to take the van’s license plates with us, but we will provide you with a 45-day permit that will allow you to drive during the time between purchase and registration.
The interior of the van will be cleaned and sanitized prior to sale. Also, the interior paint of the van has some scuffs from normal use; we will touch up the paint of the van prior to sale.
For a buyer seeking delivery of the vehicle we will require a 10% deposit so as to not risk driving only to have the buyer get cold feet with no compensation. Once a price has been agreed upon I will draft a legally-binding contract that we can both e-sign.
Previously listed at $35,000. Price dropped to $22,500 for quick sale. If the post is still up the van is still available.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.